Friday, October 1, 2010

Emerald Green, The Path To It.


A potential client wants an emerald green wallet. I just put a tab for custom work on my blogs. At present it's just for wallets, but I want to put custom notebooks next. I showed the client a picture from Blick art materials to see which sort of emerald green she liked, then I got a hex color definition for emerald green that was close. Then, I converted that hex number to RGB and from that RGB I was able to find close paint fan matches.

That sounded like a very circuitous path I took, but I needed an emerald green that was printed on paper to compare to what I was mixing. I'm using samples of System Three's WR-LPU paint to create the color. I might have gotten in the ballpark. I told the client I'm not going to charge for the paint on a wallet, because I'm not sure how it's going to perform long-term on the wear points of a wallet. I have no doubt it will adhere and not peel off with pre-sanding, but I'm just not sure of it's long-term wearability. Don't get me wrong, though. I suspect it will be fabulous, I just don't have the data yet. For custom colours for things like wallets I'm planning to either give clients some touchup paint as well as paint a few coats.

No comments:

Post a Comment