Monday, April 12, 2010

RV seat cushions

This is my first attempt at reupholstering. So don't look too close! It is for my family so it does not have to be perfect. We considered changing the color scheme from 80's-era grey and rose. Then, I thought about just going darker with the grey as I had seen some newer RVs with that. Finally, the decision was made based on what was available at the upholstery fabric store. The original fabric is on the left.

I observed how it was constructed as I took the seat cushion apart. The shapes of the two seat cushions are subtly different as I learned how to stretch and staple the material onto the wooden panel. Upholstering is surprisingly physical work.

The only vinyl in this project covers up the wood panel on the underside.

No comments:

Post a Comment