Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Taping foot


I was all, "You had me at hello!" when I was shown this taping foot. It even fits onto my 1948 Singer. I tested binding vinyl with webbing, grosgrain ribbon, vinyl, and twill tape. The twill tape works best for cornering, which is why I see it used on other recycled vinyl goods. The foot is adjustable for just about any size binding you want to use, and you can also adjust the binding relative to the needle position.

When using a taping foot, lead off with a segment of binding and then drive onto the material you are binding. It works better if you hold the tape up at an angle in the air, instead of holding it down as you sew. Holding it up slightly keeps the binding material oriented just the right angle for entry into the folding mechanism on the foot.

No comments:

Post a Comment